Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The end of the year as we know it

It's almost closing time for the school year, but it sure doesn't feel that way. Working on final projects + normal workload + college stuff kind of sucks doesn't it? I'm sure a lot of you are feeling more pressure now than any other time during the year. So my question is: why bother? What's the point of giving us all of these assignments now, when no one cares anymore, and while we have more important stuff to do (college stuff, planning for the summer... maybe even getting to enjoy the last few weeks in school with our friends.) Is it all really necessary? I for one don't think these "Culminating activities" really contribute much to our learning experience anyway. For example, for two of my final projects, I'm making movies. It really just seems like we could be spending our time on something more important sometimes. Just my two cents.

1 comment:

  1. As your biggest fan, I would like use this time to explain some grievances I have. I loved your writing back during your first blog post. The capital letters and vague tone conveyed a message of superiority and intellectual depth. I am being honest, when I say your latest blog post has been a tad bit lacking in style and composition. Please do not sacrifice your traditional writing for the mainstream media. Stick to your original self.

    ReplyDelete